Reach Academy Feltham today congratulated their Year 11 cohort for brilliant performances in their GCSEs.
After getting the 16th best results in England in 2017, the school has again performed impressively, with 52% of pupils achieving the new English Baccalaureate. With this being the first year of the new 1-9 grades, there were 27 of the new grade 9s and 26% of pupils achieved five 7-9 grades including English and Maths.
Secondary Headteacher, Rebecca Cramer, said: “We are delighted with our second set of results. I would like to congratulate our pupils on their hard work and thank their teachers and parents for their support. We are looking forward to welcoming these pupils and some new students to our 6th Form next week”.
Reach Academy Feltham opened in 2012 and this is its second set of GCSE results. It is a small all-through school with pupils aged from two upwards. The school has built an excellent reputation and a second Reach Academy has been approved to open in the coming years.
The school is celebrating great results:
- 52% of pupils achieved the English Baccalaureate;
- 84% of pupils got a Grade 4 or above in English and in Maths;
- 72% of pupils achieved Grade 5s in English and Maths;
- 70% of pupils achieved 5 Grade 4s including English and Maths;
- 34% of all GCSE exams scored an A* or A, and 57% an A*-B grade.
Individual pupils got some brilliant results.
- Preslav Asenov achieved eight Grade 9s and one Grade 7;
- Sophia Ashroff achieved four Grade 9s and five Grade 8s;
- Amber Amir achieved five Grade 9s, three Grade 8s and one Grade 7;
- Emily MacKenzie achieved one Grade 9, five Grade 8s and three Grade 7s; and
- Aya Hassanein achieved one Grade 9, four Grade 8s and four Grade 7s.